<body> YOU: On My Blog <body>
Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas is coming early to D.C. because, bitches, I am back in town next week. If you don't think that statement was loaded with an offensive level of self-importance and delusion, then you're my next BFF. I need more yes people in my life.

I will once again be in D.C. after my move to NYC. I am going to buck the typical cliche and arrive to Our Nation's Capital entirely devoid of bitterness and jokes about cab drivers. Seriously, I will just be so happy to be in a place where the 4 hours of precious sunshine we're allowed in the winter isn't cockblocked by skyscrapers - wait, I think I my bitterness slip is showing. Any way, I miss D.C. and its peeps, and especially it's large, opossum-sized rats and absence of stank. Praise!

What is bringing me back to Das District? In a word...POON. Yes, folks, that wondrous jolly, slightly sweaty, velour tracksuit wearing elf has decided to bestow you all with the gift of SKETCH COMEDY at another fun and exciting addition of POONANZA. So come on out, see a gaggle of hysterical talented people get together and give it to you live, in real time. With a writers' strike making TV even shittier than ever before, you have every reason to get out there and see this. Support something local and organic - it'll be just like Whole Foods, but without the entitlement and white guilt.

Also, mama is trying to get in town super early to do a set at The Bomb Shelter on Thursday night - this show is always a blast. It should be joyous for all involved! Please come and see me!

SPREAD THE WORD! COME FOR THE FREE HUGS, STAY FOR THE LAUGHTER!

POONANZA @ The Warehouse Theater

1017-1021 7th St NW
Saturday, December 8th, 10pm - $7
RESERVE TICKETS THROUGH EMAIL: larrypoon1@yahoo.com

THE BOMB SHELTER @ 18th and Red

2436 18th St in Adams Morgan
Thursday, December 6th, 9 pm - FREE - $2 Red Hooks, $3 Drafts, $4 Rails

Also, you may not recognize me so I've included a photo of me. New York has made me very chic and fashionable. Don't be intimidated by my haute couture.







Labels: , , , ,

Email AddThis Social Bookmark Button 1 comments



Linkage

Apiary
The Assimilated Negro
Copyranter
CrunkandDisorderly
CuteOverload
D-Listed
FourFour
DeadFrog
Hysterical Festival
Jen Kirkman
lolcat bible project
lolsecretz
O Hell Nawl
OhNoTheyDidnt
Maria Bamford
Men Who Look Like
Old Lesbians

Not Hating, Just Saying
Stuff White People Like
Unfit Toys

Credits

1 2 3 4