<body> YOU: On My Blog <body>
Monday, November 19, 2007

Comics are weird. I enjoy being a comic but I also recognize that on the whole, we are a jacked up species. I present to you exhibit a, in which a comic-friend of mine emails me the following:

Subject: hi
i'm thinking about doing a joke on the saudi woman who got gang-raped for being in a car with a non-related male, and then got sentenced to 90 lashings for putting herself in that situation. then when she appealed, they decided to bump it up to 200 lashings, because she was shedding a negative light on saudi culture by bringing attention to the case to the media.
i think it may be tough to make it funny. thoughts?
also how have you been?

I think there are people with certifiable cases of autism or even aspergers who might have handled this stab at social interaction more deftly.

All that said, they are still my people.

Labels: , , , , ,

Email AddThis Social Bookmark Button 0 comments



Linkage

Apiary
The Assimilated Negro
Copyranter
CrunkandDisorderly
CuteOverload
D-Listed
FourFour
DeadFrog
Hysterical Festival
Jen Kirkman
lolcat bible project
lolsecretz
O Hell Nawl
OhNoTheyDidnt
Maria Bamford
Men Who Look Like
Old Lesbians

Not Hating, Just Saying
Stuff White People Like
Unfit Toys

Credits

1 2 3 4