<body> YOU: On My Blog <body>
Thursday, December 20, 2007

Seems like people are united in their hate for crappy family Christmas cards. Time for MOAR!

Call me old fashioned, but I don't believe your Christmas card should make people deeply question your sexuality as a couple. Mr. Santa has a wide-stance, if you know what I mean.


Celibate

Someone's been watching too much America's Next Top Model.


In my quest for more cards, I came across a couple of cards that were intensely disturbing. Now, I understand how it might take a while for a people to ingratiate themselves to a people and a new country, but this level of dedication to assimilation is, again, beyond me.



Keep in mind, I found this on Flickr, and it was (judging by the other photos in the stream) created by the very family in the picture. I mean to say that they actually did this to themselves. Rest on that for a bit.

I'm sure this is one of those things that a selfish childless asshole like myself cannot understand, but these ode to your child cards that people distribute to others,
as though people care as much about their children as they do, leave me breathless with wonder. I mean, this one has nothing to do with Christmas at all! It's just a montage to their child!

Look, Mommy, there's your last scrap of self-awareness drowning in the ocean!

At least the kid looks happy. The worst are the poor, defenseless animals with no voice of their own that are forced into these cards.




I'm not a religious person, so I maybe I'm wrong, but isn't this trend a bit arrogant?

Presumptuous

Also? What's with giving the least angelic looking person in your crew the enormous angel wings?

And for the "too disturbing for words" file, it looks like Buffalo Bill put on some holiday weight.

Would you trim me? I'd trim me.

Ladies with an attitude. Fellows that were in the mood. Don't just stand there, let's get to it. Strike a pose, there's nothing to it. VOGUE.


According to the Flickr page, this was someone's holiday card. I have nothing more to say about this.




Labels: , , , , , , ,

Email AddThis Social Bookmark Button 6 comments



Linkage

Apiary
The Assimilated Negro
Copyranter
CrunkandDisorderly
CuteOverload
D-Listed
FourFour
DeadFrog
Hysterical Festival
Jen Kirkman
lolcat bible project
lolsecretz
O Hell Nawl
OhNoTheyDidnt
Maria Bamford
Men Who Look Like
Old Lesbians

Not Hating, Just Saying
Stuff White People Like
Unfit Toys

Credits

1 2 3 4