<body> YOU: On My Blog <body>
Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I don't know much about Montevideo, Uruguay, besides the fact that the city means, literally, "I see a hill" in Portuguese. Perhaps in an effort to make up for that disturbing lack of imagination, they came up with this genius tradition.

December 31, 2007. On the last working day of the year, workers in the financial district throw water over pedestrians to celebrate the end of the year.

Sounds fun! I can think of no better way to usher in the new year than to go to work with a bucket so I can so I can humiliate those with the good sense not to show up to work on New Year's Eve. Apparently, people in Uruguay don't even get mad about it. I'm pretty sure that shit would start a race war here. But that doesn't mean they all handle it with grace.


This picture makes me think Uruguay is an incredibly liberal country.

This dude took it like a champ by looking as cool and fun as a man in a black, sleeveless t-shirt can.
But my favorite dunkee is this woman, who gets my vote for "the most amusing portrayal of the human ability to be all 'ah, fuck it.'"


Source: Reuters

Labels: , , , , , ,

Email AddThis Social Bookmark Button 0 comments



Linkage

Apiary
The Assimilated Negro
Copyranter
CrunkandDisorderly
CuteOverload
D-Listed
FourFour
DeadFrog
Hysterical Festival
Jen Kirkman
lolcat bible project
lolsecretz
O Hell Nawl
OhNoTheyDidnt
Maria Bamford
Men Who Look Like
Old Lesbians

Not Hating, Just Saying
Stuff White People Like
Unfit Toys

Credits

1 2 3 4