<body> YOU: On My Blog <body>
Monday, October 6, 2008

You know, these Palin vlogs and gotten Sara Benincasa and I a lot of play. Uncle Cessiwig (aka Francesco Marciliano of Sally Forth and Medium Large fame) has been so kind as to post the collective play all in one convenient place.

I thought my mind had been blown when we got cartooned. Then Sara found out that someone had entered us into LiveJournal popculture notoriety. Witness this dedication!

My personal favorite.


Theeeen, as if that wasn't totally dudical, Siddhartha Mitter from WNYC interviewed me, Sara, Baratunde Thurston, and Julie Klausner. You can catch it online!

But then shit got REALLY crunk because The New Yorker invited us to work their festival this weekend which meant we got into a super swank opening party resulting in amazingness.

Yes, Sara has blogged about it because she is not full of molasses like sorry ole me, but the following ensued (after a lot of champagne):

1. I told author Jeffrey Eugenides (author of
Virgin Suicides and Middlesex): “I really loved Middlesex. I have read it repeatedly, and I really relate to it, although I’m not a hermaphrodite.”

2. I thrust a drunken fist in the air at the sight of Alan Cumming's Barack the Vote tshirt and he gave me a peace sign. LOVE.

3. I witnessed a very pretty, very tiny Regina Specktor talking to a trio of hipster douchebags.

4. Sam and I rode the elevator up with Oliver Stone and his posse.

5. Salman Rushdie was walking around and I had to restrain myself (I was only 2 champagnes in so this was still possible) from whispering to him "Padma's a bitch" and then running out of the room.

6. On the walk up Park Avenue towards our homeland, Istarted playing with garbage, including a discarded bra and a shoe, and threw them in the air because I was feeling like Mary Fucking Tyler Moore:



7. Ended up sitting on a sofa across from WESCRAVEN and his amazing, beautiful, warm, friendly wife Iya Labunka (producer on
Heathers) and having a butt ass long conversation full of wonder. Highlights included:

- Telling Wes Craven: "My brothers got years of mileage terrifying me with fanfic enchanced Freddy Krueger stories, 'SO THANKS A LOT, WES!'"

- Calling him WESCRAVEN at every possible opportunity.

- Talking about zero gravity sex (Buzz, Neil, we all agreed you probably cranked one off in space).

- Hearing the awesome tale of how Iya and Wes met.

That was pretty much the best party I ever went to. It was also very pretty in that hotel with light bulbs on the ceiling.


And the next day we got to perform at the New Yorker Festival's Humor Panel for 350 people. We were the fluffers for the panel. Witness the happiness.


WITNESS US MEETING Samantha Bee, who is soooo funny and nice in person (and even prettier).




If you thought the story was going to stop here, you were wrong. Because then, by some miracle, we got to meet Margaret Cho that same night. I have the pictures to prove it.




I'm not quite sure how a weekend like that can be topped!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Email AddThis Social Bookmark Button 3 comments



Linkage

Apiary
The Assimilated Negro
Copyranter
CrunkandDisorderly
CuteOverload
D-Listed
FourFour
DeadFrog
Hysterical Festival
Jen Kirkman
lolcat bible project
lolsecretz
O Hell Nawl
OhNoTheyDidnt
Maria Bamford
Men Who Look Like
Old Lesbians

Not Hating, Just Saying
Stuff White People Like
Unfit Toys

Credits

1 2 3 4